Sydney, Australia – 8th October 2014
Brother International Australia, a leading manufacturer in home sewing machines, has recently announced the launch of its most powerful and innovative sewing and embroidery machine to date; THE Dream Machine XV8500D.
Under the tagline “Because we sew the world differently” Brother wants to portray how inspiration can come from anywhere in life at anytime. No matter how you sew the world, the new Dream Machine is the ultimate creative partner that will be with you throughout your journey. The new top of the range combo machine was presented for the first time at an exclusive dealer and media launch in Brisbane, the event was followed by the consumer premier at the Brisbane Craft & Quilt Fair.
Brother’s most powerful machine is packed full of industry features including a 10.1” high definition LCD display which runs the machine’s expansive library of built-in tutorials to make learning easy. The LCD screen is 23% larger than previous models and can even be used to watch videos or listen to music. The InnovEye 2 camera-like technology is another amazing feature, this technology gives users a live and up-close view of the needle area and the ability to scan the entire embroidery field, providing enthusiasts virtually endless creative options and ensuring projects are set up perfectly.
The machine has 56 square inches of workspace plus an extra-large 360 x 240mm embroidery area providing more room for big creative ideas. Another ground breaking feature is My Design Centre, which integrates InnovEye 2 Technology with design techniques such as line art scanning, illustration scanning and the ability to create stippling and free-motion-like stitching without the use of a PC, software or stitch regulation. THE Dream Machine also brings to the market the Virtual Stitch Preview, an industry first feature that lets users see their desired stitch superimposed on the project using InnovEye 2 technology and the HD LCD display, allowing users to modify stitch length and width and see the results before actually stitching.
"We're really excited about this new machine which provides sewing, embroidery, quilting and crafting enthusiasts with unlimited creativity options. For more than a century, Brother has won recognition as a brand synonymous with providing a great customer experience through product innovation and customer satisfaction. With THE Dream Machine, Brother has effectively exceeded all expectations by providing amazing industry first features that everyone is sure to love” stated Laura Penuela, Marketing Manager, Home Sewing Machines at Brother International Australia.
THE Dream Machine’s features include:
- 10.1" high definition LCD display, the largest in its class, with an expandable library of over 40 built-in HD tutorial videos
- Expansive 11.25" needle to arm (56 square inches of workspace)
- Extra-large 360 x 240mm (14" x 9.5") embroidery area illuminated with our brightest lighting system
- InnovEye 2 camera-like technology now with up to 2x the scanning speed and up to 3x the resolution
- My Design Centre which integrates InnovEye 2 Technology with design techniques like line art scanning, illustration scanning and the ability to create stippling and free-motion-like stitching without the use of a PC, software or stitch regulation
- ScanImation Scanning Frame allows users to easily scan drawings or printed clip art using InnovEye 2 Technology
- Virtual Stitch Preview lets you see your desired stitch superimposed on your project
- AccuTrac Embroidery System provides better under arm support, reduces bounce, provides better stitch quality with the smoothest frame control to date
- Colour Shuffling 2 Function lets you pin or choose your colour palette while creating or modifying the colours in the embroidery design, letting you become the colourist you've always wanted to be
- InnovaChrome LED Thread Colouring & Monitoring System, a revolutionary visual status system that indicates when a thread colour change is needed, what the next colour is, as well as thread breakages and alerts
- New Couching Technique and Muvit Digital Dual Feed System; the new couching foot with Muvit foot attachment allows you to add cording techniques to your projects
- 939 built-in embroidery designs including 166 designs featuring Disney characters, 140 frame pattern combinations, and 22 embroidery lettering fonts
- 726 built-in stitches, including 15 styles of one-step buttonholes, one four-step buttonhole and five sewing fonts
- Other great features include: V-Sonic Pen Pal for Sewing & Embroidery, Droplight LED Embroidery Positioning Marker, Sew Straight 2 Laser Vision Guide, Muvit Digital Dual Feed System, enhanced Snowman embroidery positioning marker plus much more!
Advanced sewers, embroiders and quilters who couldn’t attend the Brisbane event will now be able to contact a Brother Sewing Machine Dealer to be among the first to see THE Dream Machine XV8500D firsthand and on display. To find out more of the amazing features that this machine has to offer visit www.brother.com.au/dreammachine. If you want to learn more about the complete range of sewing, quilting and embroidery machines from Brother, visit the home sewing machines pages of the Brother Australia website (www.brother.com.au) or a Brother Authorised Dealer.
Pricing and Availability
Vendor: Brother International Australia
Australia Distributor: Available from Authorised Brother Home Sewing Machine Dealers
Warranty: 5 year return to base (RTB)
Pricing (RRP): $11,999
About Brother International (Aust) Pty Ltd:
With over 100 years in operation, Brother International is a leading global manufacturer of laser printers, label printers, Multi-Function Centres®, fax machines, P-touch electronic labellers, typewriters and sewing machines. A specialist in its product lines, Brother combines customer satisfaction and comprehensive measures for environmental conservation, to manufacture innovative, reliable and practical products to enhance the consumer's lifestyle. Brother
Brother Earth is Brother's commitment to play a part in building a society with better sustainable development. By clicking on the Brother Earth site you can determine how funds are allocated and play a part in contributing to a variety of global environmental protection activities. Visit www.brotherearth.com
Gap Marketing and Management Pty Ltd
02 9264 0701