Sydney, Australia – 10 March 2015 -Brother International Australia, a leader in home and business IT peripherals that focuses on the ‘Customer-First’ approach, has launched its new PT-D600 advanced labelling machine, designed to meet a wide range of business needs – from organising office filing to tracking property through specialist barcode and asset management labels.
The versatile PT-D600 is designed specifically for the higher-volume business user in mind. Its full-colour LCD display provides a true ‘what you see is what you get’ image of the label being created, shows edits in real time and even automatically detects and displays the colour of the labelling tape installed in the machine.
The large QWERTY keyboard with convenient formatting keys rests at an angle for comfortable, accurate typing working in conjunction with the LCD display to help make creating professional labels easy and intuitive.
The PT-D600 connects to Windows® and Mac® computers with the included USB cable to be used with the free P-touch Editor Label Design software1. With this software, users can create high-resolution labels, choose from an expansive library of label templates and create custom labels using the fonts, symbols and graphics already stored on their computers.
“With the introduction of the new PT-D600, Brother has made label creation a more intuitive process than ever before,” said Kelly Wilson, Senior Marketing Manager, Brother International Australia. “By combining the standalone features of the full-colour display and easy-type keyboard and the ability to connect to virtually any computer, we’re giving businesses the flexibility they need to quickly create the long-lasting, easy-to-read labels that help keep their workspaces organised and efficient.”
P-touch PT-D600 additional key features:
- Works with over 60 TZe tape cartridges in a variety of colours and sizes as well as specialty tapes, to address virtually any labelling requirement
- Print customised labels up to 24mm wide with up to 7 lines of text
- Includes a library of ready-to-print business labels, as well as customisable pre-formatted templates
- Pre-programmed with 14 fonts, 11 styles, 99 frames and over 600 symbols
- Stores up to 99 labels in internal memory for easy reprinting of the most commonly-used labels
- Create high-resolution barcodes2 and labels with information stored in an Excel or Access database3 on your computer
- Super-fast print speeds up to 30mm per second4 and an automatic tape cutter help save time
- Powered by AC power adapter (included), or 6x AA batteries (not included)
- Convenient, top-loading tape design for simple tape changes
- Prints on durable, TZe laminated tapes to create long-lasting indoor/outdoor labels
The PT-D600 is being introduced with the PT-D450, which offers the same connectivity and label creation functionality, with a monochrome backlit display and maximum tape width of 18mm. For more information on these models, visit www.brother.com.au.
- Compatible with Windows Vista®, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, Windows Server 2008/2008 R2, Microsoft Windows Server 2012/2012 R2, and Mac OSX v10.7.5, 10.8x, 10.9x. All design software and drivers available for free download at support.brother.com.
- Requires installation of the full version of P-touch Editor software and connection to a computer. Windows/Mac software and drivers available as a free download.
- Windows only.
- Using AC power adapter.
All prices are inclusive of the prevailing taxes.
Availability, Warranty and Support
Vendor: Brother International Australia Pty Ltd
Warranty: 3 years return to base warranty
Available: From Brother authorised dealers and retailers nationally (PT-D450 exclusive to authorised dealers).
Distributors: Synnex, Alloys, Dynamic Supplies, Leader Computers Systems & XIT Distribution
About Brother International (Aust) Pty Ltd:
With over 100 years in operation, Brother International is a leading global manufacturer of laser printers, label printers, Multi-Function Centres®, fax machines, P-touch electronic labellers, typewriters and sewing machines. A specialist in its product lines, Brother combines customer satisfaction and comprehensive measures for environmental conservation, to manufacture innovative, reliable and practical products to enhance the consumer's lifestyle.
Brother Australia is a wholly owned subsidiary of Brother Industries, which was founded in 1908 in Japan. Brother Australia was established in 1977, with a head office located in Sydney and State offices located in Brisbane and Melbourne.
About Brother Earth:
Brother always takes responsibility, acts respectfully and tries to make a positive difference. Brother Earth is Brother’s attitude and commitment to play a part in building a society with sustainable development. Help the environment now by giving a click at http://www.brotherearth.com. Brother will contribute to a variety of global environmental protection activities on your behalf. The number of clicks each project receives will determine proportionately how the funds will be allocated.
Nicole Watson and Renato Catalan
Gap Marketing and Management Pty Ltd
Office: +61 2 9264 0701
Mobile: 0423 038 881
Address: Level 10, 263 Clarence Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org